Thursday, February 19, 2009

Why We Write

Beware of literature. I must follow the pen, without looking for words.
- Jean Paul Sartre, Nausea

I do not write for myself. I rarely if ever write for myself. I write for my friends. For my audience (which currently stands at one Canadian - stats courtesy of google analytics). I write to entertain people. To make them laugh. To make them think. To hopefully push them beyond their limits. I write in the hopes that someone may rebut my ideas or debunk them completely and make ME see things in a different light.  

I do not write by the pen. Each word is strategic. Carefully chosen. Manipulated to its utmost degree. A rose is never just a rose in my world of purple hippos and pink elephants. Nothing is accidental.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In it something is. Thanks for an explanation.