Saturday, November 22, 2008

Births, deaths, and marriages... And I'm back at work!

I will explain the title in another post... For those who remember my city days you'll understand.

I stated in my previous post that I could not see the rhyme or reason for homosexuality in the role of the survival of the human species. As a firm believer in the saying that everything happens for a reason (even though we don't always understand), I have searched high and low for an explanation as to why some people prefer members of the opposite sex (in all meanings possible!) and why some prefer the same sex, basically why homosexuality exists in the human species. And I've come to this conclusion: population control.

I know I said that to ensure the survival of our species we must reproduce, but this is only when births and deaths are occurring at an equal rate. In this day and age, we rely on technology so much to keep us healthier, make us live longer, secure a guaranteed adulthood for our children. In other words, we evade death. Now correct me if I am wrong, but when births are happening at the same rate, but the rate of deaths decreases drastically, the outcome leads to a growing population. The world's resources are not infinite. By manipulating the equilibrium we are over-extending our capacity to survive. And that is where homosexuals come in.

I haven't researched enough to understand how people become gay, but I am making assumptions in favour of the "gay" gene theory. But think about how effective it would be in crowd control. Humans are over populating. Through natural selection the gay gene becomes more and more prominent. The mission is no longer to reproduce and populate. Less babies are born. Maybe some of the less fortunate ones are even adopted and given a good home by a gay couple. The ones already alive are now being taken care of and fewer are coming into the world of misfortune.

But of course, the why never really matters. Wasn't the road to hell paved with good intentions? The important is that we are supportive and accepting of others. Spread love. War is expensive.

No comments: