Monday, January 26, 2009

Bits & Pieces

So I have completely lost all inspiration. (I still have yet to hear anything from potential muses, the position is still open!) I have decided for now to just post little tidbits and quotes and pieces from songs and and stories that make me smile, think, ponder, remember etc. Maybe something will get the creative juices flowing. (If there was any there to begin with.) So, bits & pieces #1 from Madonna's Dear Jessie:

If the land of make believe
Is inside your heart it will never leave

Is it really possible to preserve that innocence we all once had as a child? Do fairytales really exist? I think I have been stradling that line for a long time now - yes still, at the age of 23 I still stradle the line between childhood and adulthood. Part of me still dreams of happily every afters and Prince Charmings and fairy godmothers, where good triumphs over evil every single time. That part believes that anything is possible, that I can be whatever I want to be, that I can conquer the world, that I can save it. I dream of breaking from the mold, leaving the old rat race behind. And some days, I believe it's possible.

Then I take a good look at my life. And I wonder if I can survive outside of the ticky tacky boxed lifestyle the majority of us live in. I have done the 9-5er before. That was me. And it took a long time for me to break out. But eventually I did. I travelled the world. I fell in love. I danced. I lived. And now here I am, feeling that pull once again. Because, above all, it's stability. I stand here today at a crossroad, wondering which path to take and if I'll regret that decision I make. I want to continue down the road less travelled. But it's like Winston in 1984:

Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.

No comments: