Thursday, January 22, 2009

Tiptoe through the tulips with me :)

Am I the only one who didn't watch the inaguration? To be quite honest, I know nothing about Barack Obama. Only that he's black. But, that's just, well uhhh, kinda obvious. Ya know? Did I miss anything? Who knows. Apparently it was history the making.

Anyway, I didn't come here to write about presidents and politics and all those things I pretend to be interested in, but I'm really not. When it all comes down to it, what we have is the here and now. Let the politicians tend to political matters. All I really want is the simple life. To run barefoot in the park with no great expectations.

So why is it so hard for us to live in the present? Why do we think of today as what will be history in the future? Why can't it just be today? 

It's like, we've spent so much of our time studying how the rose came to be a rose and from whence it came and of what significance the evolution of the rose is. And then. Yes, AND then. We take that information and use it to spend all of our time trying to work out how to better that rose and create the best technologically advanced rose we can produce. We never once sit back and say, "Ahhhh THIS rose smells good. " (Did I stretch that metaphor a little too far? Yeah... I thought so too...)

Anyway. The next time you're off, hurrying about your life, worrying about what will be. Take a moment. Stop and smell the roses. Take a look around you, if you will. You never know just what you might find.

No comments: