Sunday, March 15, 2009

Eternal Return of the Traveller's Conversation

Oh god... It's spreading... Not only is there a backpackers' conversation, but there is now a... people-left-at-home conversation. I swear, out of my slightly-large-but-still-under-20-people-family I answered the same three or four questions at least five times each. I thought I left that all behind me when I got on the plane back to Canada.

Same repetitive questions to deal with on homeland:
1. Oh! Where did you go again?
2. When did you come back?
3. So, where's the next destination?
4. When are you leaving?

Eternal return. Maybe Kundera was wrong. I mean yes, the French Revolution occuring over and over and over is something to be terrified about. But to have the same mundane conversation over and over and over and over again is... Well, something to be terrified about. Moral of the story? I don't know. Repetition is terrifying?

P.S. I think I will explain further about eternal return and my all time favourite subject and book, The Unbearable Lightness of Being. I have intrigued myself. 

No comments: